First, about the photo above… That’s me standing atop Mount Baldy’s Main Chute in Utah on March 28, 2010. I feature that photo here because the times I’ve skied Main Chute have been some of my most memorable experiences as a skier.
Mount Baldy serves as the boundary between Alta and Snowbird ski resorts. Main Chute is a popular, aesthetically pleasing chute that’s prominently visible from all over Alta Ski Area. It’s also included in Andrew McLean’s, The Chuting Gallery. Main Chute drops into Alta at a pitch of approximately 38°–40° from a spot just north of the Mount Baldy’s summit. It’s accessible via a short hike from either Alta or Snowbird (the hike from Snowbird is shorter).
My friend, Steve, took the photo. The best thing about that photo is that it captures so much in one shot. It has the chute’s steep headwall in the foreground, the entirety of both Little Cottonwood Canyon and the Cottonwood Ridge beyond, and the Salt Lake Valley, the Oquirrh Mountains, and Deseret Peak in the distance.
A Few Details About Me
- I’m from Upstate New York.
- I enjoy skiing, hiking, baseball, travel, and website design.
- My favorite sports teams are the Toronto Blue Jays (Major League Baseball), the Syracuse Orange (NCAA sports), and the Utah Jazz (NBA basketball).
About This Website
This website has several distinct sections:
- Articles – I post articles on a wide range of topics. This section is updated the most frequently with new content.
- Photography – Thousands of photos I’ve taken organized in albums and galleries, and by date.
- PocketMods – Learn about PocketMods and design your own templates.
- 311 – Information about the band’s music and the live shows I have attended.
Thank you very much for visiting my website.